Aims & Objectives
Our aim is to:
- develop the skills required to make driving a motor vehicle a safer and more enjoyable experience.
Our objectives are to:
- teach groups of 17 – 24 year olds basic car maintenance, the Highway Code, hazard awareness and driving skills.
- achieve 85% attendance rates.
- show improved behaviour at school.
- show improvement in key skills.
- pass the Driver Theory Test.
Please see photographs of our students in action by clicking here
- “Great staff who take an interest in me”
- “Helpful and I love working on the vehicles”
- “never knew I could do it”
- “Great fun and really learned a lot”
- “well managed, well organised and get plenty of good feedback from Wheels and our students”
- “Easy to access and plenty of options”
- “Don’t have to commit lots of money all at once”
- “Made a fantastic difference to the self-confidence of our students which has helped them engage with what we’re offering back at school”
- “An excellent resource which has good policies and practices and offers a safe environment for our students”
- “always looking to help us”
- “Experts at working with our students”
- “A wonderful environment in which to enable their students to develop skills for work and skills for life”
- “Somewhere that provides the care and attention needed by these students”
- “a brilliant place to learn safely about work, friendship and helping others”
- ‘ gives great value for money’